VR Casino 2019 – Your Guide to Virtual Reality Casinos
In the past decade, the world of online gaming has significantly expanded and evolved. Similarly, the technology world has also progressed. These two factors combined have made online casinos not only more accessible to players but have allowed them to offer a higher-quality experience than ever before too. VR casinos are a culmination of these efforts, and they provide online gamblers with cutting-edge, immersive gameplay.
VR casinos are still relatively new, yet we believe they have a bright future. On this page, you can find out everything you need to know about VR casinos including:
- How VR casinos work
- What you can expect from a VR casino
- The advantages and disadvantages of VR casinos
- Which are the best VR casinos to visit
What is a VR Casino?
VR stands for virtual reality, and so a VR casino is an online casino which offers you a virtual reality experience.
Virtual reality is a pretty new computer technology, which uses virtual reality headsets to generate realistic graphics, sounds and other elements to create an imaginary environment.
Essentially, then, virtual reality allows you to put on a headset, pick up a controller of some sort and enter a completely different environment.
In the case of VR casinos this means that, once you’re all set up, you’ll be standing inside of a virtual casino. In a VR casino, you’re able to walk around the casino, browse the games and sit down at machines.
The aim of VR casinos is to create an experience which mirrors what you’d expect from a land-based casino. This makes it more immersive too, as the virtual reality technology blocks out outside distractions and interruptions.
What to Expect from a VR Casino
As we mentioned earlier, VR casinos are still a very new addition to the online gambling industry. This means there’s still not many VR casinos around, yet they do all boast similar features.
Take SlotsMillion casino for example. SlotsMillion was the world’s first VR casino and it’s created a solid blueprint for those who want to follow in its footsteps.
At SlotsMillion VR casino, you’ll need a virtual reality headset to play. The casino recommends using the Oculus Rift device, but many of their players have also opted for alternative VR headsets too.
At SlotsMillion, you enter the casino and then can walk around choosing between slots and table games. However, at the moment there are not a lot of slots which have been specifically developed for virtual reality.
NetEnt has recently launched three VR varients of some of their most popular slots: Starburst, Gonzo’s Quest and Jack and the Beanstalk. In these games, the reels will spin in front of you, suspended in the air. When you win, coins and gems drop from the sky and the characters from the slots dance around you. Basically, playing these imaginative NetEnt games in virtual reality is delightful.
It’s not just video slots available at VR casinos, however. Mr Green’s Live Beyond Live technology allows you to play roulette and blackjack and walk around the casino floor, just like at a bricks and mortar establishment.
The Advantages and Disadvantages of Playing at a VR Casino
Whilst all of this new and exciting technology sounds great, we do have to remember that, like everything in life, VR casinos have both their advantages and disadvantages.
Check out the table below to weigh up if VR casinos are for you.
- VR casinos allow players to have a more immersive experience, which feels as close as they can get to playing a land-based casino.
- The available games are very fun and offer a higher standard of graphics and sound.
- It is expected that now that one or two VR casinos have launched, many more will come. This gives players who have invested in VR headsets the possibility of new features and new options in the future.
- VR casino players can pick up all the same bonuses as normal casino players, with some VR casinos offering exclusive bonuses too.
- Buying VR equipment is expensive. You’ll need to buy the headset, the controller, and you may even need to upgrade your computer. This means that unless you think you’ll be playing in a VR casino a lot, it could be quite a waste of money.
- At the moment, there aren’t many VR casinos around, nor are there many VR games. This is set to change in the near future, but it could be worth considering if you’d rather wait until the technology is fully formed.
- Virtual reality poses a problem for many gamblers, as it can be too immersive. Without the distractions of real life, it’s easy to get caught up in the simulation and spend more money and time than you initially planned on.
The Best VR Casinos To Play At
If you’ve read through this page and have decided that VR casinos are definitely for you, then there’s only one question left to answer: where should you play?
At the moment, VR casinos are few and far between but that isn’t to say there aren’t quality sites out there. We’d recommend trying out both of the sites we’ve already mentioned in this guide, SlotsMillion and Mr Green. These both offer a great VR experience, as well as some very rewarding sign-up bonuses and promotions.