Live Roulette – Ultimate UK Guide Online 2018
Roulette is one of the most popular casino games in the world. In fact, the roulette wheel is probably one of the first images which come to your mind when you picture a casino.
Roulette has been around since the 18th century and it’s stood the test of time. This is because it offers simple yet exciting gameplay and plenty of chances to win big.
What’s more, thanks to Roulette has been brought into the 21st century, which is where we find live roulette.
Live roulette games allow you to play roulette as you would in a bricks-and-mortar casino, yet from the comfort of your own home. The game is video streamed to you in real time, with a professionally trained croupier manning the table.
If you think live roulette could be the casino game for you, yet you’re not sure where to start, then you’ve come to the right place. In this guide, we’ll be looking at the game in more detail, including:
- How to play live roulette online
- Playing Live Roulette at Touch Lucky casino
- Other great online casinos for playing Live roulette.
How to Play Live Roulette
As we’ve just mentioned, Roulette is a fairly simple gameplay. This is because there aren’t any convoluted rules to deal with. Instead, you simply need to know about how the roulette table works and your betting options. Get these down and you’ll be good to go.
Live Roulette Set-Up: The Roulette Wheel and Table
At online casinos, live roulette is played via video stream, but don’t worry this doesn’t mean you need to appear on webcam or anything! It simply means that the game is streamed to you from a studio somewhere, which contains a real life roulette table and wheel.
The video element in live roulette creates an immersive experience, allows you to play with a professionally trained dealer, and means that the rules and set up are the exact same to as a bricks-and-mortar casino.
Roulette has two main elements; the roulette wheel and the betting table. Below, you can find out more about how each works within the game:
- The Roulette Wheel
A roulette wheel is made up of 37 different numbered pockets (38 pockets in American roulette), which are coloured either black or red and correspond to the betting table. The 0 value pocket (and the 00 pocket in American Roulette) is the only exception, as this is coloured green.
- The Betting Table
The betting table is always laid out before you and features all of the numbers on the wheel. Numbers 1-36 make up a 3×12 grid whilst the 0 and 00 values can be found at the end of the table. There are also areas for betting on specific halves of the grid (1-18 or 19-36), thirds of the grid (1-12, 13-24, or 25-36), and betting on red or black and odd or even.
Live Roulette Betting Options
In live roulette and regular roulette, there are two types of bet: inside and outside bets.
This basically refers to whether or not you’re placing your chips on one of the numbers inside the main grid of the betting table, or on one of the areas outside of the grid, like odd or even for example.
Each type of bet has a specific pay-out value yet, generally speaking, Inside bets always pay out more.
This is because they’re more specific and so you have less of a chance of winning. You can learn more about each type of inside bet below:
- Straight – a straight bet in roulette is a bet on a single number. To make this bet, you need to place your chip entirely within the chosen number’s square in the grid.
- Spit – A split bet is a bet on two numbers which are vertically or horizontally adjacent on the betting table. To place this bet, you need to place your chip on the shared edge between the two numbers.
- Street – A street bet is a bet on three numbers in a horizontal line. To place this bet, place your chips on the outer edge of the number at the end of the line.
- Corner – A corner bet is a bet on four numbers which share a corner within the betting grid. To place a corner bet, place your chips on the common corner.
- Double Street – A double street bet is a bet on six numbers, which form two horizontal lines on the betting grid. To place this bet, you need to place your chips on the outer corner, shared by the two numbers, at the end of the line.
Outside bets are generally considered to be less complicated. They offer lower payouts than inside bets, as they have a much bigger chance of winning.
To place any outside bet, you simply need to place your chips in the designated area on the betting table.
Here are the different types of outside bet you can place when playing live roulette:
- Low or High – A bet that the roulette ball will land on either a number from the first half of the numbers (1-18) or on the second half of the numbers (19-36).
- Red or Black – A bet that the roulette ball will land in either a red or black coloured pocket.
- Even or Odd – A bet that the roulette ball will land on either an even or an odd number.
- Dozen Bet – A bet that the roulette ball will land on either the first third of the numbers (1-12), the second third of the numbers (13-24) or the final third of the number (25-36).
- Column Bet – A bet that the roulette ball will land on a number from a chosen vertical column of 12 numbers on the betting grid.
The Best Online Casinos to Play Live Roulette
If you feel like live roulette may be the game for you, all that’s left to do is to find an online casino which offers you a superb live roulette experience.
Below we’ve highlighted some of our favourite live roulette sites, which all offer fantastic games, bonuses and more.
Play Live Roulette at Touch Lucky
We’re not ones to toot our own horns, but did you know that you can play live roulette right here at Touch Lucky casino?
At Touch Lucky, we offer several different variants of live roulette, including:
- Live Roulette
- Auto Roulette
- Immersive Roulette
- French Roulette Gold
- Double Ball Roulette
- Speed Roulette Live
- Auto Roulette La Parage
All of our Live roulette games are provided by Evolution gaming too, who are generally considered to be one of the best live dealer games developers around.
This means you can expect flawless gameplay, great video quality and interesting and unique features.
Other Live Roulette Casinos
Although you can play Live Roulette here at Touch Lucky casino, and we recommend you do, we also understand that sometimes you may want to play elsewhere.
That's why we've compiled this likes of our other favourite live dealer casinos for you to visit:
- Casino Cruise
- Mr Green
- Bet365 Casino
- 888 Casino