Sic-Bo Rules – Tip For The Casino Table Game
The Sic-Bo betting board may seem confusing and complicated at first. However, this dice game is actually simple and fun once you know how it works. It’s much easier than Craps too.
So, if you’re new to Sic-Bo, this guide of its rules is precisely for you. To make it even easier, we have divided the rules into three simple steps. Let’s get to it!
Sic-Bo Rules in 3 Easy Steps
Sic-Bo is a luck-based dice game where players bet on the outcome of a roll of 3 six-sided dice. You can win up to 180x your bet on each turn. Read below to learn how.
Step 1: Game Progression
Sic-Bo has a simple game progression. It’s very similar to roulette, in fact:
- The new round starts with all players betting on the outcome of the dice
- The dealer then tosses three dice using a small cage
- According to the result, wins are paid out and a new round starts
It doesn’t get any simpler than that!
Step 2: Betting Options
All that remains is to learn the actual ways you can bet on the game. All the different fields on the Sic-Bo board are different betting options. As you can see, there are loads of them, which is exactly what makes the game such a blast.
Despite the sheer amount of options, they’re easy to understand. You can bet on as many fields as you like and each bet is paid out separately.
The options below are written in the order they appear on the betting board from top to bottom. They are as follows:
- Small/Big (the total of the three dice to equal 4-10/11-17)
- Double Bet (a specific number to show on two dice)
- Triple Bet (a specific number to show on all three dice)
- House (any triple, non-specific triple bet)
- Total Number (4 to 17, a specific total in any combination)
- Combination (two specific numbers to show on the three dice)
- Single Bet (a single number to show on any of the three dice; if more dice show it, you win more)
Step 3: Bet Payouts
All that remains are the payouts. They vary from 1x to 180x your bet. A look below should reveal which bets are low-risk (small rewards) and which are high-risk (big rewards).
- Small/Big – 1:1
- Double Bet – 8:1 to 10:1
- Triple Bet – 180:1
- House – 30:1
- Total Number – 6:1 to 60:1
- Combination – 5:1
- Single Bet – 1:1 to 3:1
That’s it! Now that you’re familiar with the rules, don’t forget to check out our Sic Bo strategy guide next.