Baccarat Guide Online: Learn How To Play For Real Money
Baccarat may not be as widely played as Blackjack (though, some may argue to the contrary) yet it is still immensely popular among casino goers. Every Baccarat Guide Online tries to teach you how to play effectively and how to be the one that comes out on top.
This is easier said than done and we think many Baccarat guides tend to exaggerate how much their tips will help players. We don’t want to make such false promises.
We’re here today to offer the best advice we can while at the same time acknowledging that they will not guarantee your success but should help you develop a better strategy and play better overall.
Without further ado, then, let’s take a look at our own guide to Baccarat and see what tips we have to offer and how one should deploy them.
Baccarat Guide Online: Some Handy Tips
So, diving right in, what are the five best things one can do to get better at playing Baccarat?
We’ve managed to identify them and put them in a list for your convenience. Here are the top tips to remember when playing Baccarat, online or in real life:
1. Familiarise Yourself With Rules And Table
This probably goes with just about every casino game ever (and you’ll find it in any other Baccarat guide online) but it’s important to know the rules of Baccarat before you start playing. It sounds obvious but many players can get carried away before realising they don’t know a single thing about the game.
Our recommendation is to play Baccarat for fun a couple of times before attempting to play with real money. Playing for money straight away is always a bad idea. Not only does practice familiarise you with the rules of Baccarat but it also allows you to feel the layout of the table and how the cards are dealt. The position does count in card games so be sure to know exactly how your position can change your chances.
Here are some key rules to keep in mind whenever you play Baccarat:
- All aces have the value of 1
- Tens, Jacks, Queens and Kings all have the value of 0
- All other cards, 2-9, are the same as their card value
- The Banker has to stand on two-card totals of 7, 8 and 9
- The Banker must hit on a two-card total of zero, 1, 2 and 3 apart from when the Banker will hit a total of 3 against a Player total of 8
These are just some of the rules to Baccarat. There are many more and we encourage you to do your own research into thorough strategies and ways to help place the hand (or even the entire game) in your favour. This, at the very least, is the minimum for getting good at Baccarat.
TL;DR — You should know the rules of Baccarat inside out before attempting to play with real money.
2. DO NOT Bet On Ties
Every Baccarat guide online will warn you about this but Baccarat acts on offer payouts on 8/1 or 9/1 on a Tie bet. While this might seem like a tempting prospect, it is exceedingly rare for a tie to occur so betting on it would be rather foolish. It is like betting on a zero in Roulette – not entirely impossible but incredibly farfetched.
But there’s another, bigger reason why you shouldn’t bet on a Tie in Baccarat. The house edge is almost always around 14%. That might not sound like much but, if you think about it, that’s actually a huge chunk out of your wager. If you want to keep any of your funds or, better, win much much more, then stay well away from Tie bets if you know what’s good for you.
Here are a couple of bets you can make that would prove beneficial:
- Dealer Bet: Keep an eye on the dealer’s cards. Always ride on their bet until it seems as though the value of that bet is about to nosedive. It’s always best to go with the flow in Baccarat. Not too much, though, otherwise you could end up falling flat on your face.
- Player Bet: Again, ride this bet for as long as you can until you can ride it no further. Every Baccarat guide online will tell you this as it is the most likely method of winning. And, again, it may be a streak but do not rely on said streak occurring forever.
It goes for any casino game but knowing how the bets work in any sense is much like learning the rules. You’ll be much better off knowing when and how to deploy them, which naturally offers you a massive advantage over your opponents.
TL;DR — Do not make Tie bets but make sure you know what other bets you can make so you don’t get caught out.
3. Stay Within Your Limits
This once again can be applied to all betting games, but knowing your limits with Baccarat is vital. If you set yourself a budget then you should never go over it. Never. Doing so is the end of any fun that you’re having and the beginning of a slippery slope that’s best avoided. And, believe us, you don’t want to go there.
Make sure you keep track of all your bets, both online and in real life. It’s easy online as the casino will offer a history tab where you can view your bets in one place. Real life is more tricky but you should find ways of keeping track of your bets, even if you have to jot them down in a notebook. By this, we don’t mean every single invidiaul bet you make per game, but how much money you spent in said game overall.
Here are some other ways you can keep track of your budgeting:
- Use a spreadsheet. This electronic way of keeping track of your finances will be a great method without having to constantly write things down.
- Download an app. There are plenty of budgeting apps out there. They even let you know if you’re close to overspending. Portable and extremely handy.
- Withdraw cash. By withdrawing physical cash from an ATM, you’re implicitly imposing a limit on yourself already. Be sure to stick to notes so you don’t go over. Once the cash is gone, you know how much you’ve spent.
Of course, there’s no right or wrong way of keeping track of your budget. Simply use the method that works best for you. Whatever means you use, however, it should guarantee that you never exceed your limits. There’s no reason for it to happen if you employ these tactics.
TL;DR — Never overspend on your budget and keep well within your spending limits.
4. Card Counting
Card counting is best avoided in most card games. Baccarat is no different there are only a few Baccarat guides online that tell you this. It is very much frowned upon in real casinos and the dealers have a trained eye, meaning that they know when you’re card counting.
While you might think you could do this with online Baccarat, you’d be massively mistaken, seeing as each Baccarat game works on an RNG basis (Random Number Generator). This means each card will be completely random and the patterns of this algorithm are too complex for the human eye to follow.
TL;DR — Card counting is a big no-no, as any Baccarat guide online will tell you.
5. Pay No Attention To ‘Systems’
You may have already encountered plenty of sites out there offering advice on the many betting systems of Baccarat. They tend to just rely on the ‘Matingale’ system which is where the betting system base on double figures is placed by players. It’s a way of insurance to make sure they do not lose all their funds. However, we advise avoiding any “system” altogether as they can get confusing and result in more losses.
Here are some other Baccarat systems to avoid:
- Shift 5 System: This system is a series of five rounds with a very low house edge. It’s highly volatile and too risky to venture, hence why we do not recommend doing it.
- 1, 3, 2, 4 System: This system works best on evens when their odds are split down the middle, however, we do not recommend it as it is, again, too volatile to be worth the risk, especially with low funds.
- 1, 3, 2, 6 System: Similar to the above, this system is designed to help profit from short bursts of winning streaks. As you can doubtless tell, it’s too reliant on that for it to be a viable venture, sadly.
Also beware of any Baccarat guide online that promises to help you make a healthy profit by “cheating the system”. In online Baccarat especially, this would never work due to the RNG we mentioned before. In real life as well, there’s no hope as you will simply get nowhere. All croupiers are again trained to see who’s cheating and if you’re caught you could end up thrown out of the casino altogether.
TL;DR — Avoid ‘systems’ altogether as they just make things more complicated.
Baccarat Guide Online: Where To Play
The best place to play Baccarat is in two places: online and in casinos. In real life, this is simple enough. Simply walk into your local casino (wherever that may be) put money down at the Baccarat table and start playing. Of course, there has to be a space before you can start doing so. You can’t knock one of the other players off the stool they’re sitting on. You’ll have to wait your turn.
As for online, there are plenty of places where you can play Baccarat. Any mobile casino will do but there are some that specialise in Baccarat and others that specialise in other areas but provide table games regardless. The latter is much more common.
Here are the most common places online you’re likely to find Baccarat:
- Online Casinos: This is probably the most likely place you’ll find Baccarat, both digital and live. These can be found in the “table game” section, more often than not.
- Sportsbook: Some sportsbook websites offer casino games on the side but always in their casino subsection and never as a “part of” their main sporting fair.
- Through reviews: Online casino reviews may direct you to the best places to play online Baccarat. It’s always best to scour these for the best deals and the best games available.
Baccarat is pretty commonplace and easy to find. We feel you won’t have much trouble finding it even through a simple google search. However, sometimes it may take a while to find a cecent form of Baccarat to play. This may take more research but overall we think it won’t be too difficult.
Do you know where to find great places to play Baccarat? Do you have any other advice to novice players? Comment down below and let us know! We always value your opinion.