Free Spins UK 2020 – Best online casino no deposit bonus guide
Over the last few years, the world of online casinos has grown exponentially. Millions of players worldwide now login to their favourite sites daily and new online casino sites are also popping up constantly.
This has made the industry more competitive than ever before, with casino’s having to come up with creative ways of incentivizing players to join their site over another.
One of the incentives you may be offered by a casino is a free spins bonus. Free spins basically do what they say on the tin – they give you free games on video slot machines. Free spins are also seen as one of the best rewards you can get from a casino, as they’re straightforward, valuable and can be tailored to your playing style.
On this page, you can find out everything you need to know about free spins including:
- The different types of free spins bonuses available
- The advantages and disadvantages of free spins bonuses
- How to claim a free spins bonus
- Where to find great free spins bonuses
How Do Free Spins Bonuses Work?
As we explained in the introduction to this guide, free spins bonuses work by giving you free games on online slot machines. Generally, free spins bonuses award you a specific number of spins, e.g 50 free spins, at a certain online casino.
Free spins bonuses are also often, yet not always, tied to specific slots. This means that the bonus may only be able to be used on selected slots at the casino or, in some cases, just to be used on one particular slot game.
Free spins may be awarded to players as part of a welcome package or as a recurring or one-off promotion. This means that, at most online casinos, there’s plenty of chances to get your hands on free spins should you wish to.
There are two main types of free spins bonuses: regular free spins bonuses and no deposit free spins bonuses. Below we’ll talk about each type in more detail and discuss when these types of bonuses may be awarded and why.
Regular Free Spins Bonuses
We use the word regular to describe this type of free spins bonus, as it’s the type that you’re most likely to be offered. A regular free spins bonus is given you make a certain deposit at the casino.
These types of free spins bonuses may be awarded when you make your first deposit at a new site, or for making a deposit within a promotional period. Usually, to claim a regular free spins bonus you’ll have to deposit a minimum amount of cash or more.
An example of a regular free spins bonus could be ’20 free spins when you make a first deposit of at least £10′.
Regular free spins bonuses are used to tempt you to join one casino over another, or to tempt you to deposit at a certain time of day. For instance, a casino may reward all players who deposit during ‘Happy Hour’ with a certain amount of free spins.
Regular free spins bonuses are also often awarded when a new slot game is launched at a casino site. These are given out to incentivize you to try out the new game, as the free slots allow you to do so without spending your own money.
No Deposit Free Spins Bonuses
No deposit free spins bonuses are often deemed the holy grain of casino bonuses, and this is because they do exactly what their name suggests – reward you with free spins without having to even make a deposit.
Most of the time, to claim a no deposit free spins bonus, all you need to do is register at the casino. Then, once you’ve validated your account, your free spins should be waiting for you.
As this type of free spins bonus is more generous than the bonuses which are tied to deposits, they’re usually much smaller. A decent sized no deposit free spins bonus could be 5 or 10 free games.
No deposit free spins bonuses are rarer than their counterparts, but they’re not extinct just yet! This means that whilst you may need to do some intensive research to find one in the wild, there’s still plenty of chances to get your hands on some truly free spins.
The Pros and Cons of Free Spins Bonuses
Like everything in life, free spins bonuses have both their benefits and their drawbacks. These are important to know before deciding whether claiming a free spins bonuses is for you.
Check out all the advantages and disadvantages of free spins bonuses in the table below.
- Free spins bonuses allow you to play online slot games for, as the name suggests, free. This is one of the biggest benefits of this type of bonus as it gives you a chance to explore new games without spending your hard earned cash.
- Free spins bonuses can be very lucrative, as there’s no telling what may happen in the slot game. You could hit the jackpot at any time, with a spin you didn’t even pay for!
- Most free spins bonuses are tied to wagering requirements. Wagering requirements, in this case, are the number of times you have wager any winnings generated from your spins before you can withdraw them. So, for example, if you won £10 from 10 free spins yet the spins are subject to 20x wagering requirements, you’d have to wager £200 before you could cash out. This obviously impacts the value of the spins and kinda rules out the whole ‘something for nothing’ element.
- Free spins bonuses may also come with a maximum win limit. This is the highest amount of money you can win from the bonus and all winnings surpassing this are forfeited. So, for instance, say you landed the jackpot on a slot whilst playing a free spin, it could be that you’re only allowed to take £100 as winnings. This, again, may leave you thinking twice about how rewarding your free spins are.
As you can see from the lists above, there are some serious conditions you must consider before picking up a free spins bonus. That being said, we’d still argue that they’re definitely worthwhile – just make sure you know what you’re getting yourself into first.